Our library is connected to other libraries throughout the state and nation. If you can't find an item in this library, ask library staff to help you get it from another library.
Inter-library loan requests can be made to any library staff. Generally items that are less than 6 months old will not be released from other libraries for Inter-library loan.
- Inter-library loans from public libraries in Iowa are free to patrons. Patrons are charged $1.00 for Items that are not picked up by the patron after they are ordered.
- Inter-library loans from libraries outside of Iowa are $3.00 regardless if the item is picked up or not. This helps to cover the shipping costs.
- Payment is required at the time you pick up the item for check out.
- For books, we will need the name of the author and title.
- For DVD's, we will need the name of the movie and other information such as the main actor or the release date to ensure that we locate the correct movie.
- For CD's, we will need the title and name of the artist.
- The loan period is for 4 to 6 weeks depending on the lending library.
- To request items a patron can stop in the library, call 712-755-5934 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.