1. Books and other materials will be accepted on the condition that the Library Director has the discretion to make whatever disposition he or she deems advisable this may include but is not limited to using the material for circulation in the library, placing the items for sale or donating the items to the Annual Used Book Sale.
2. Gifts of money will be accepted and deposited in the Library’s trust account provided conditions (if any) attached thereto are acceptable to the Board of Trustees.
3. Gifts of real property, stock and other assets not readily negotiable shall likewise be accepted if conditions attached thereto by the donor are acceptable to the Board of Trustees.
4. Gifts of personal property, art objects, portraits antiques, and other similar objects will be considered on an ad hoc basis by the Library Director.
5. The Library will not accept items which are not outright gifts.
6. A receipt for the price of newly purchased items can be issued if desired by the donor. However, receipts cannot be provided for works of art or used materials unless their fair market value is determined by an independent appraisal.
5. Genealogical materials will be accepted at the discretion of the Library Director. These gifts will be accessible to the general public.